A repair and conservation programme of the buildings of Royal William Yard, Plymouth.
Designed by Sir John Rennie and built between 1825 and 1831, The Royal William Yard comprises the largest group of Grade 1 listed military buildings in Europe and is also a Scheduled Ancient Monument. Erected to provide for the victualing needs of the Royal Navy in Plymouth the buildings continued in use until the closure of the yard in 1992.
As part of the area's regeneration, and working closely with English Heritage, we undertook a programme of careful repair and conservation of all the buildings which were then offered to the market for alternative use. Our brief included review of developer's proposals for re-use.
RIBA South West Award 2006
Abercrombie Award 2007
Winner of Best Building
Conversion or Conservation